At the end of my masters program I wanted to give my professors a small gift as a token of my appreciation! Since I was the only Mexican student in the program I figured I would gift them a "mexican"souvenir. After searching for ideas I found this cute rock- cactus idea on Pinterest that I slightly modified. While not shown on these pictures, I wrote the word Mexico at the bottom of the can, added a small tag onto the string and wrote a note for each professor.
Soon after I delivered these, I received emails from my professors telling me how much they loved them, and I did too! So if you wanna recreate this cute and easy idea, this is what you need…
- Spray paint
- Can (any size you want, mine where the 8oz tomato sauce ones)
- River rocks/flat rocks
- Green and white acrylic paint
- Pom poms
- Dry flowers
- Hot glue
- Spray paint the cans with the color of your choice.
2. Paint the rocks with green acrylic paint and let them dry. Then use the white acrylic paint, a thin brush and your artistic skills to make these rocks look like a cactus.
4. Fill the can with bark, flower moss, sand, rocks or anything that will secure the pebble in place. And this is it for this fun, easy and cheap project!